I’ve talked many times before about setting goals and making a plan to achieve them if you want things to change and improve in your life.
But for you to really get the momentum going to take the action on your goals (because your dreams don’t work unless you do), then you need to be completely invested in their achievement.
Before you even get to the goal setting stage, there are 5 steps that you need to go through first.
1. You need to understand and accept where you are right now. Without this understanding and acceptance of your present reality, it is unlikely that you will be able to set or achieve a meaningful goal.
2. You need to understand exactly what you want to change, and why you want to change it. Without this compelling driver, it is unlikely that you will be able to set or achieve a goal that you genuinely desire.
3. You need to set a vision that transcends the actual goal itself. Without this bigger purpose and understanding of what you want in the greater scheme of your life, your goal will be flat and without any depth or meaning.
4. Take some time to reflect on where you are now in relation to that vision for your life. What are the gaps between where you are now, and what are your priorities (the things that are causing you the most pain, stress, regret or suffering).
5. What you have identified as the number one priority, use that as the basis for setting your goal.
If you want to take the next step, you can download your FREE HQ and goal setting workbook here.
Hello, I'm Fiona Redding, founder of The Happiness Hunter, co-host of #BusinessAddicts The Podcast and author of The Happiness Hunter’s Guide to Meditation.
My mission: creating a world where everyone understands that happiness is their birthright.
My vision: to show you how.