Honour Your Core Values with Dr John Demartini
In today’s episode of the podcast, you’ll get to hear from human behavioural specialist and founder of The Demartini Institute, Dr John Demartini. Having authored over 50 books (and counting), over the last 40 years he has worked across the globe assisting and guiding individuals and groups to greater levels of achievement, fulfillment, and empowerment in all areas of their lives.
We cover a huge amount of ground in this episode, and you’ll have many opportunities to reflect on how your life is demonstrating your values – and gain some key insights into how you can make your life your masterpiece.
Some of the things we discuss, include:
- Determining your values and hierarchy of values
- Making decisions and priorities based on your values
- The Values Determination Process
- How money circulates in the economy
- Determining the difference between assets and consumables that depreciate in value
- The seven different types of wealth
- Self-depreciation as a feedback system
- Why the mind is our greatest treasure
- Prioritising action and prioritising perception
- Setting goals to master each of the areas of our lives
- Uncovering your creative genius
- Taking on challenges that inspire you
- The principle of reflection
- How being too proud or too humble prevents us from knowing and loving ourselves and others
- Creating sustainable fair exchange in everything
- Contrast and perception
- The power of reading and how to choose what to read
- Visualisation to activate priorities
- Getting clear on what you want, setting goals and being open to opportunities
- Your life as a masterpiece
- Measuring and tracking your achievements
- Why we need a vital and enthusiastic energy
- Habits and routines
- How having a true north reduces volatility in life
- Keeping a gratitude record to document opportunities
- Giving yourself permission to acknowledge what you set out and did
May you know yourself, and may you be yourself.
Listen to the episode
Listen to other episodes
Episode 161 Remember Why You Started Today's episode marks three years since The Happiness Hunter podcast was first released. And so it felt like a good thing to do to create the space in this episode for you to have an opportunity to reflect on and remember why...
Episode 160 Knowing What You Want It is so important that we take (read: make) the time for some quiet, healthy, honest self-reflection. Otherwise we just meander through life, the years pass by... and then we wonder where all that time went, and nothing much has...
Episode 159 Scattered Focus, Scattered Results Most of our stress and overwhelm comes from too much busy in our head, too many choices, too many decisions- and lots of flapping, huffing and puffing (shallow breathing, not enough oxygen to our brain) and spinning our...
Episode 158 Letting Go of The Story You Tell About Yourself If you weren't your story, who would you be? Who are we, if we are not the story? How is that story relevant to today and the life we want to be experiencing? How does telling that story match up with the...
Episode 157 Aligning Values with Behaviour If you think about an area of your life you are struggling with at the moment - chances are you are struggling because your behaviour in relation to that area does not reflect your values. The challenge we mostly face with...
Episode 156 Taking Messy Imperfect Action with Fiona Redding As Marcus Aurelius put it: “The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.” Too often we don't take action, because we are scared it will be messy. We don't start, because...
Episode 154 Are You Getting Enough Sleep? Sleep deprivation is real, and is caused by a consistent lack of sleep or reduced quality of sleep. Our body needs sleep; just like we need air, food, water and movement to function at our best. During sleep our body rests...
Episode 153 Avoiding Burnout with Boundaries On Sunday I got back from a two-week trip to Palm Cove, where I went for a workshop with the amazing International College of Meditation & Healing. I also took my kids with me too. It was an incredible experience and...
Episode 152 Doing The Right Thing at The Right Time Creating the right environment and doing the right things at the right time. For us to succeed in our endeavours in life, we need to be practiced and we need to be prepared. Often, we do things thinking we are doing...
Episode 151 Achieving My Half Marathon Goal Recently, I completed my first half-marathon. It was a goal I set at the start of the year, a goal that supported my bigger vision for my life - that is, to be the fittest, healthiest and happiest I have ever been. Over the...